Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, February 18, 2011

Who is Johnny?

Good Question.

1. I'm 28, 29 this august 17th. I was born in Houston, moved to PA for a while, then went back the Houston where I graduated from Cy Falls High School in 2001

2. I have 3 older brothers and 2 older sisters. Technically I'm the only child from my Mom and Dad, and my brothers and sisters are from their previous marriages (making them "half"-siblings), but I just consider them my brothers and sisters (none of this "half" nonsense).

3. My dad worked in Education, dealing a lot with Special Education to be specific and my mother was a stay at home mom as far as I can recall... She Quilts like a machine though.

4. I attended University in PA at Edinboro where I studied animation. After I graduated I returned home and was pretty bummed at the prospect of becoming a professional animator at the time because I wasn't too big on Computer animation, which is pretty much all there is now. So, I enrolled in a post Bac Teacher Certification program at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville where I was living with my parents at the time so that I could become an art teacher!

5. Before becoming an Art Teacher, but shortly after I received my Teaching Certificate, I decided to spend a year in China working as an English Teacher along with my best friend Shelby and his new wife Amanda! (knew them from Edinboro). It was an experience, one that would take too much time to relate here, but I'll sum it up. Lots of people (almost all of them Chinese), lots of the same food (all of it Chinese and no I didn't eat dog, but possibly fox Jury is still out on that one), many many language barriers (some overcame, some probably still lost in translation), Much adventure (woo middle of winter great wall hike and up and out all night in Shang Hai New Years Eve!), Many new friends (thanks to Facebook I can kinda keep track of em!), and Much Fun! I was glad to come home in the end, but even more glad I went!

6. I currently work as an art Teacher at an Intermediate school within Conroe ISD. It's a good job even if they do take advantage of us Fine Arts Teachers, but I hope to move up the High School within the next year or so (looking at the way the economy is at the moment I'm willing to bet I'll have to wait at least one more year before they open any new High School positions in my district).

You've already heard from Trista about how we met, she e-mailed me first, and I'm glad she did because the way Plenty of Fish Works (or worked at the time) it was a good thing she saw my pic an stuff and e-mailed me when she did cuz she never popped up for me!

So, with all that said lets see what happens next eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment