Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Progress

As it stands now, the general plan is a Las Vegas wedding at a chapel immediately followed by a honeymoon. This is because we don't make a lot of money, so a traditional wedding would require financing from parental sources, and I worry that this would cause me to lose creative control over my wedding. I also hate being the center of attention and I have never been a party girl, so the thought of having a huge party where Johnny and I saying deeply meaningful things about our relationship to each other while people watch closely just frankly freaks me out. 


Last night we tried to lock in our Las Vegas hotel choice so that when we have money we can make the reservations without any hesitation but Shelby, Johnny's best friend, called him at about 11:30 and they talked for an hour and a half or so. In other words: I fell asleep and we didn't accomplish anything. I suppose we'll try again tonight before we go to bed. (LOL as I type this I hear the phone ringing)


At work last week I saw a book I thought might be interesting for Johnny and I to have a look through. It's called The Hard Questions: 101 Essential Questions to Ask Before You Say "I Do". Today, we went through almost the whole book and it turned out that we'd pretty much discussed everything on the list, either because we actually talk to each other or the fact we've lived together for almost a year now. Afterward, I felt like a kid who didn't study for a test but somehow managed to ace it anyway.


Tonight, we went to Benihana's for a late Valentine's Day dinner, but it gave me a bit of stomachache, so I decided to use the time to search the internet for wedding dresses. I'm thinking something either tea or knee length, A-line silhouette, strapless in red. I found this website called ZoomBridal, and while their spelling is atrocious, their deals are sweet. Theoretically speaking, I could get this dress (which is the frontrunner) in red matte satin made to my measurements for less than $150. Seeing as I have $400 budgeted for just a dress at the moment this puts me way ahead of the game. I think it would look amazing with black Chuck Taylors, a little bolero like this, and maybe a feathery headpiece like this.


I logged into The Knot to look at their wedding checklist for fun. If we were planning a traditional wedding on a traditional timeframe we'd be so boned, so thank god we aren't or I'd really feel the pressure. As it is I have (according to The Knot's count) 132 days until my wedding and I still feel a little pinched.

No comments:

Post a Comment